First post in 2015 and it already February, time really flying so quick. During my Christmas time, I went to Singapore and Bangkok with my family and in January I went to Melbourne to watch the Australia Open for the first time. It had been pretty busy at the beginning of the year for all the holiday and catch up with friends. Now I finally have time to update my blog and do some serious cooking/baking. My mum almost thought I gave up baking because I didn’t bake for a month when I come back from Thailand.
Well now I got my baking and saving spirit back, for the past month I got so bored of just eating bread or cereal every morning as breakfast and I usually not foam to have sweet stuff in the morning so ban yoghurt or up and go. I decide to make myself and my family some nice quiche as breakfast. And miracle happen, my parent finish the whole quiche in a day and ask me to make another one.
This quiche will make great breakfast or brunch or afternoon tea with you are like me sick of all the sweet stuff and want some salt. It won’t leave a heavy taste and feeling and it goes well with tea and coffee.
Hope you enjoy the quiche and I will keep posting more this year before I’m off to Paris for my dream.
Savoury Pie Pastry 9 inch
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
65g butter, chilled
20ml cold water
500g Kransky Cheese Sausage
500g Baby Spinach
Salt & pepper to taste
1) On clean working platform, put flour and salt and butter and use cutter to combine all ingredients together until it become fine crumble. Try to avoid using hand as body temperature will melt the butter and it won’t be as crunchy.
2) Make a well in the middle and pour the egg and cold water, form round shape dough. Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3) Fry the garlic, mushroom and sausage until it appear soften. Put in spinach and turn off the stove immediately, use the remaining heat to cook the spinach. Set aside to cool down a bit.
4) Mix together 3 eggs and milk, add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Take the dough out from fridge and roll it out about an inch bigger than pie pan. Carefully place the roll out pie pastry in the pan and trim the edge.
7) Place an aluminium foil on top of the pastry and place pastry stone on top. Bake for 10 minutes. (In my case, I just put some bean and rice on top which can be reuse)
9) Put in the spinach mushroom and sausage into pastry and pour the egg mixture in.
10) Bake for another 20-25 minutes until all ingredient is cooked.
P.S. These is the quiche I bake in 2 days one with fete cheese and one with Goat cheese, so put whatever cheese you like the most.