April had been a crazy week for me as I had 2 exams at the end of the months that why I haven’t been updated my blog for a while. But now finally the busy has gone and May is already here, this year have gone so quick, it already been 4 months since I started blogging and thankfully I got lot of compliment and support from everyone which is what keep me going.
Actually this recipe I made it almost a month ago and now I finally have time to write it up. This Matcha Crème Brûlée with Red Bean Paste is like a crossover with French and Japanese, as lot of Japanese dessert are made from Matcha and red bean which I would say they have a perfect marriage relationship, just like how much I like banana and chocolate in my crepe, it just how it should be. And surprisingly when you crossover these traditional Japanese ingredient with Crème Brûlée, it taste amazing. I think I ate almost half of the Crème Brûlée by myself while I’m cramming for my exam.
I genuinely made this dessert for my study period because it very easy and quick to made and yet taste deliciously which keep me going on my study. Also this could be a perfect dessert for dinner party as you can make it about 1-2 days in advance. Hope you enjoy this recipe and I will keep posting more my favourite recipe very soon.
5 egg yolk, room temperature
150g red bean paste
1 tablespoon Green tea/Matcha Powder
1)Put sugar into egg yolk and whisk it until it become pale in colour.
2) Boil the cream and milk together.
4) Once you start seeing bubble at the edge of the pot, turn off the heat.
6) Pre-heat oven to 150C and prepare a tray with about 3cm height “HOT” water in it. (We are going to steam bake the Crème Brûlée).
8) Pour in the matcha Crème Brûlée mixture equally into the ramekin.
10) Wait until it cool down and refrigerate overnight before serve.
11) Put about 1 teaspoon sugar on top of the Crème Brûlée and tap it around to spread out evenly.
12) Use a blow torch to caramelize the sugar.