Continuing my love of Durian, apart from the durian chocolate cake roll I made. There are still little bit of Durian mash left over so I decide to do a cross over of a traditional Tiramisu Dessert with Durian. As Durian has a very similar texture as mascarpone cheese so I decide to substitute it and maybe that can help a bit with the expanding waistline.
Hope you enjoy this fusion style of east meet west Tiramisu. It is a very easy recipe and it only takes me 30 minutes to make it. Perfect for a party gathering and to show off your fellow of this stunning dessert.
150g Durian Mashed
30g icing sugar
1 teaspoons powder gelatin
1 tablespoon Water
25 ml milk, warmed
75ml espresso coffee
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
8 Lady Finger Biscuit
Extra cocoa powder fur dusting
1) Prepare espresso coffee; mix with cocoa powder and sugar until all dissolved. Place aside and cool down.
2) Combine gelatin with water and let it sit for 5 minutes; pour in warm milk to dissolve the gelatin. Set aside and cool down.
4) Beat cream with icing sugar until thick and creamy.
5) Pour in the gelatin and durian mash. Beat until it just combined.
6) Put half of the durian cream over the container. Repeat and make another layer of ladyfinger biscuit and durian cream.
7) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa before serve.