Valentine’s day is coming in 5 days time. Every time you go out shopping you can start seeing lot of Valentine’s Day advertisement. As a girl I always think it cute to make something by you as a gift. So when I have to think of any cake for this romantic festival. Red Velvet immediately pop up in my mind, so today I’m going to show you how to make Red Velvet Cake pops.
In this recipe I made 2 different shape Cake pops, the traditional ball shape cake pop I would love to give them to my dearest friend and of course heart shape will be for your special one.
Making cake pop can be a bit messy but trust me it really fun to make it. You can be really creative with whatever shape and decoration you like or even some secret message for your valentine.
1 Red Velvet cake (you can use any cake you or your valentine like)
2 tablespoon Cream Cheese frosting (depend on how moist your cake, you may need more or less)
250g white chocolate ( Your cup must be clean and no water in it, otherwise chocolate will become runny and it will be waste.)
1 white chocolate icing pen
Any decoration such as sprinkle, hundred and thousand etc.
1) Slice the cake about 2cm thick; use a cookie cutter to cut out the heart shape.
2) Crumble rest of the cake and add cream cheese frosting until the cake is moist enough to hold a ball shape.
1) Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the cake mixture and make it unto ball shape.
2) Repeat until you finish all the cake mixture.
1) Use a container, which is just slightly bigger than your cake pops. Microwave white chocolate for 1 minute and stir it. If it is not completely melted keep microwave it and check every 15 seconds.
2) Dip the tip of the cake pop stick into the white chocolate and insert half way of the cake.
3) Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
1) Take the heart Shaper cake out, use white chocolate icing pen to trace a heart shape on the cake.
2) Pour small amount of white chocolate mixture on top until it filled the shape completely. Put back into freezer to harden the chocolate.
1) Take the cake ball out of the freezer and dip it carefully into chocolate until it fully covered.
2) Gently swirl and tap the cake pop to get rid of the excess chocolate.
3) Add any decorations, as you like before the chocolate get hardened.
4) Stick the decorated cake pop in cake pop stand. (You can use Styrofoam)
5) Put into freezer to harden the cake pop.
Hope you enjoying making these cute little cakes pop.